Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The story so far...

I'll try to keep it short, but I just wanted to give a little heads up on what happened in the last few years.

After a lot of time spent as a ballroom dancer (almost 20 years), I decided to stop due to personal reasons. I switched to the computer world, my other passion, only to find out that I enjoyed more the right side of the brain. The artist in me didn't want to give up yet!

At that time I was really passionate about computer graphics and animation, but studying something like that in Italy was almost impossible. I tried to teach myself, but I also had to pay the bills and so everything remained just an hobby.

Fortunately for me a group of crazy animators from major studios started a new adventure in 2005: Animation Mentor. My soul clicked! I had the opportunity to finally study animation (online via webcam, which at that time was a miracle!) while still being able to work.

I decided to invest one more time into myself. After all I've been doing it for a life already :D

So at 32 years old I started school again. The course lasted 18 months. It was really difficult, especially at the end, when my health started to suffer. I had to work for 8 hours and study for at least 4 hours during the day and all the weekends. It was hard, but it paid off.

One of my piece was chosen for the school showreel. I couldn't believe it! I still remember clearly that day.

After graduating I found a job in Pisa, on two television series: Birds Band and Taratabong! It was an amazing experience. I really loved the job, the place, the people. At the end of the production (almost 2 years) I had an interview with a videogame company in Derby, UK.

I'm still working in that company, and living in Derby. After 10 months I've been promoted to Lead Animator, and once again a new adventure starts...

...TO BE CONTINUED.


No comments:

Post a Comment