Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A must see

As an animator, I'm also interested a lot in character design. My drawing skills are not that good, but I know that as any other type of art, I really need to focus on it and do it every day. It's tough, but I'm getting there hopefully, and anyway the desire to create and give life to my own characters is always driving me.

A immense part of this difficult journey is also played by inspiration. Inspiration is always around you, but also in a lot of art books. I really like flipping through all those pages and be amazed by the brilliant work of every artist. The choice out there of art books is really wide and finding the right one can be difficult. Fortunately there's a blog that is specialized in art book reviews:



There are hundreds of books reviewed in there, but the best thing is that every review includes not only pictures of the book but also a brief video in which the author flips through the entire book, so that you can get the feeling of it.

It is great. It is a must have for every artist.

Bookmark it!

No comments:

Post a Comment