Sunday, February 7, 2010

The script is ready!

In the last year, I've had this crazy idea about an animated short film that was continuously popping into my mind.



I've worked on it in and out without too much commitment, simply because it was a little bit difficult for me to focus on it. What I have been doing though, is gathering ideas and tons of reference material. I've come to a point where I felt I had everything I needed to start.

Today I've finished the second draft of the script. I'm probably going to do another iteration before starting to storyboard it. I also know that after the first pass of storyboard I'll have to go back and refine the script again. It's part of the process and as Andrew Stanton always says "writing is re-writing!".

I'm also working on character design and a style guide document to help me with consistency, and also to identify possible problems.

This short film for me is all about learning and improving. I want to learn how to tell a story through images and suck people into it, as well as going through all the various phase of a production. I remember my AM short film was fairly unsuccessful at the time, and I really wanted to come up with something good, but I had no experience, nor time unfortunately.

I believe that this time, to achieve the quality I'm aiming for, is going to require at least 2 years, which is a pretty long time, but I'm really excited about the idea.

I'm going to post more as things develop, just I don't want to give out all the details right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment